One of the “must have” gifts of the holiday season is the Robosapien V2.?Ç¬† This sleek, stylish looking android is an affordable Christmas present for children and adults alike.?Ç¬†
The Robosapien V1 was invented by NASA scientist, Mark Tilden who worked on the robot that went to Mars. When the V1 was released it took the world by storm and it was not long until children everywhere demanded that their parents bought them one.?Ç¬†?Ç¬†
The Robosapien V2 looks to recreate the awe and wonder of its predecessor and there is no doubt in my mind that it will accomplish its goal.
With the V2 they?¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢ve taken everything that made the V1 stand out and made it bigger, faster and all inside a more robust looking robot.?Ç¬† It retails for just under ?Ç¬£170 in the UK and under $300 in the USA, and for that price has a remarkable amount of features.?Ç¬† Here are just a few of its features:
- Colour vision system – recognizes colours and skin tones, and interacts with people and objects.
- Multiple levels of environmental interaction with humans and objects-sight, sound and touch senses.
- IR vision – detects and avoids obstacles and table edges, tracks moving objects.
- Speech – responds verbally to environmental stimuli and to controller commands (you can program it to respond to spoken commands).
- True bi-pedal walking with multiple gaits.
- Realistic twin axis turning head with animated LED eyes.
- Laser tracking technology – follows a path traced on the ground.
- Will interact with other Robonetics such as Robopet and Roboraptor.
The Robosapien V2 is also able to perform over 80 actions with programming and you can also program it to carry out a list of commands.?Ç¬† It can walk and kick and do kung fu moves.?Ç¬† It can pick up objects and throw them and can bulldoze through clutter.?Ç¬† It can even high five.?Ç¬†
Also there are various hacks for it that will allow the user to do a whole range of ?¢‚Ç¨?ìunauthorised?¢‚Ç¨¬ù procedures guaranteed to destroy the warranty.?Ç¬† Some range from attaching lazer pointers to allowing you to take control over any other of the V2?¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢s brethren with the one remote.?Ç¬†
Extreme Warning ?¢‚Ç¨‚Äú Do Not Try This at Home
One of the more spectacular modifications is a flame thrower mod, which allows your happy looking bot to spew forth flames. See the Video: Robosapien V2 – The Flame Thrower Mod
What could be better than a kung fu doing, high fiving, flamethrower robot??Ç¬†
Probably one that could do your accounting but we can always leave that to the V3.